Kinesiology tape - LOOPtape™
LOOPtape™ should be applied according to the kinesiology taping method.
It’s a thin, flexible tape that is meant to relieve pain, reduce swelling and inflammation, and provide support to joints and muscles.
Kinesiology tape has multiple areas of use, but originally developed as a way to enhance athletic performance. But you don’t have to be an elite athlete to enjoy its benefits :)
The tape is comparable to human skin and can be stretched in two directions. The tape is latex-free and easy to cut.
Areas of use
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Relaxes tired muscles
- Protect strained muscles and joints
- Pain relief
- Reduce inflammation
- Provides shorter rehabilitations
- Improves mobility
- Provides support for muscles in activity
- Skin friendly Cotton 95% / Spandex 5% material with acrylic glue
- If you feel the slightest doubt, consult your physiotherapist or similar consultant before using the tape.
- The kinesiology tape is water resistant but not completely waterproof.
- Keep in mind that during the winter months the skin is drier and less elastic. The risk of getting a reaction is therefore greater than in other times of the year. It is therefore always important to follow the recommendations.
Even if you have not previously experienced allergy symptoms, they may/can occur due to the following:
- Seasonal changes
- Damp skin when taping
- Tape stretched too tightly*
- Heavy perspiration
- Extended periods of use
* Optimal tape stretching is 30-40%. If the tape is not stretched adequately, the desired effect will not be achieved.
WARNING! If you have never used the product before or have sensitive skin, test it first on a small area of skin. Do not use the tape if you are allergic to acrylic or if an allergic reaction easily occurs. Do not use for more than 24 hours the first time. If the tape causes itching and irritation, remove it immediately. If you do not experience irritation, use can be gradually extended up to 3 days.